Appropriate for ages: Three and Up
10 minutes for stringing
Ten minutes for painting
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Round pasta with a large hole in the middle (such as Tortellini)
* Paint Brushes
* Newspaper (or any paper that will protect the painting surface)
* Scotch Tape
WHAT TO DO:
1. The adult should take a long piece of yarn (long enough for a necklace), string it through a piece of pasta and tie the piece of pasta to the yarn. Make sure the knot is tight and that it is tied so that other pasta pieces will not be able to pass the one you tie.
2. Have the child put the end of the yarn through the holes in the pieces of pasta until the yarn is almost covered. (Show her how she can hold a piece of pasta in one hand and thread the yarn through the hole with her other hand.)
Helpful Hint: If your child has trouble with stringing, you can put some scotch tape on the end of the string to make it easier for her.
3. Tie the two ends together in the shape of a necklace.
4. Put down newspaper to protect your table from mess.
5. Put the necklace on the newspaper and let your child paint the necklace whatever color she prefers.
6. Let the paint dry.
LET YOUR CHILD WEAR HER NECKLACE AND TELL HER FRIENDS HOW SHE MADE IT